B E D D U T R A D I N G
Products

Our Sugars

Sugar is made by some plants to store energy that they do not need directly, rather than animals making fat. People like sugar for its sweetness and energy, so some of these plants are grown commercially to extract the sugar: Sugar producers in 121 countries and global production now exceed 120 million tonnes per year. Beddu Trading will take a big percentage of this worldwide.

About 70% producers of sugar cane, a very tall grass with large stems that are largely grown in tropical countries. The remaining 30% growers from sugar beets, and root crops that resemble large pasta nights that are mostly grown in the temperate zones of the north. White sugar is essentially pure sucrose and there is no difference between that derived from cane and that from beet. Beddu-trading uses different manufacturing techniques to produce crystals of different sizes and this leads to some apparent differences. Smaller crystals dissolve more readily and might therefore appear to be sweeter because none is left at the bottom of the cup and they seem sweeter on the tongue if eaten alone. Similarly, smaller crystals have more surfaces per spoonful and appear whiter than larger crystals. Having said that, some white sugars are less white than others: it depends on how much processing our manufacturer applies. Therefore there are several specialty white sugars Beddu-trading trades in: # Caster sugar is just a very small crystal size white sugar # Icing sugar is ground up white sugar, essentially sugar dust # Sugar cubes are lumps of sugar crystals "glued" together with a sugar syrup # Preserving sugar is a special large crystal

What Are the Different Types of Sugars?

Sugars are typically grouped into specific categories:

Human consumption – widely used in liquid (beverage) and food products.

Industrial Sugars – less known, but a lot of Sugar is used industrial.

Trade in sugar and sugar products

Sugars are used in all industries, from Fuel and Energy to producing glues and beers.But known most of all for their consumer goods. Sugars of all types are traded in metric tons.

Sugar Cane
Sugarcane is a genus of tropical grass that requires strong sunlight and plenty of water for satisfactory growth. The Latin names of the species include Saccharum officinarum, S. spontaneum, S. barberi and S. sinense. As with most commercial crops, there are many cultivars available to the sugar cane farmer, usually hybrids of several species. Some varieties grow up to 5 meters.

The sugarcane itself looks quite like bamboo cane and this is where the sucrose is stored. In the right climate, the cane will grow in 12 months and, when it is cut, will grow again in another 12 months provided the roots are undisturbed.

A typical sugar content for ripe sugar cane would be 10 weight percent, but the figure depends on the variety and varies from season to season and location to location. Similarly, the yield of sugarcane from the field varies considerably, but a rough and complete total value to use for estimating sugar production is 100 tonnes of sugarcane per hectare or 10 tonnes of sugar per hectare.

Sugar Beet
Sugar beet is a temperate climate two-year root crop. It produces sugar during the first year of growth to look over the winter and then flowers and seeds in the second year. It is so effective in spring and is harvested during the first fall / early winter. When there is sugar cane there are many cultivars available for beets. The beetroot stores the sucrose in the bulbous root which has a strong resemblance to a fat parsnip.

A typical sugar content for ripe beets is 17% by weight men value depends on the variety and it varies from year to year and place to place. This is significantly more than the sucrose content of ripe sugar cane, but the yield of beets per hectare is much lower than that of sugar cane, so that the expected sugar production is only about 7 tonnes per hectare.